+420 222 220 441 info@uzlatehostromu.com Online booking Bauer hotel group

Information for tourists

On this page is a summary of basic information about the Czech Republic for guests from abroad. For more information, visit the official Tourist Information Center in the capital Prague www.prague.eu.


You can use the tram, bus, subway, ferry or funicular to travel around Prague.

The central Czech airport is the Vaclav Havel Airport in Prague, which is located on the outskirts of Prague. The connection to the center is very good.

Recommendation: Unless absolutely necessary, do not use taxi services on the street, only use certified companies. Before the journey ask the driver or the dispatch center for the price of the transport.


The official currency of the Czech Republic is the Czech crown.

1 CZK, 2 CZK, 5 CZK,
10 CZK, 20 CZK a 50 CZK

Bank notes:
100 CZK, 200 CZK, 500 CZK,
1000 CZK, 2000 CZK a 5000 CZK

Actually Exchange rate: www.exchange.cz

!Warning! Never exchange money on the street. Don’t accept offers from people who are offering an excellent exchange rate outside of an exchange office, bank or different institution.


The Czech Republic and its time zone, changes to summer and winter time, or its most interesting clocks. The whole of the Czech Republic lies in the Central European time zone (CET = UTC + 1). The twenty four hour format is employed very frequently, especially in transport timetables, cultural programs and generally on printed materials. The twelve hour format for telling the time is used mainly in every day speech.

Important telephone numbers

155 Emergency Medical Service
150 Fire Service
158 Police of the Czech Republic
156 Municipal Police


Medicines to relieve pain and colds can be purchased without a prescription in pharmacies and are readily available at selected petrol stations. A prescription from emergency services is valid for one day after the issue and a prescription for antibiotics for three days. All other prescriptions are valid for one week.


In the Czech Republic, there are two types of healthcare facilities - public and private. Most of them have a contract with insurance companies for the provision and reimbursement of health care costs and provide basic health care only to insured patients.

Health insurance for foreigners from the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein:
To use healthcare in the Czech Republic, it is necessary to have a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The insured is entitled to the necessary healthcare in another Member State, depending on the nature of the illness and the expected length of stay. The insurance company does not pay expenses beyond the necessary medical care of the EHIC card.

Arrange additional health insurance that can cover these fees before traveling.

Health insurance for foreigners from countries outside the EU:
If you do not reside within the EU, it is necessary to take out commercial insurance before traveling. If you do not have insurance you will have to pay all health care expenses immediately and in cash.

Medical Services

Health care is also ensured in the event of sudden illness or injury outside of surgery hours in the emergency departments in hospitals. In cases of sudden serious illness when the patient can not make his or her own way to the doctor and when swift treatment is necessary, you must call the rescue service on the emergency number 112.

Entrance to the Czech republic

The Czech Republic is a member of the European Union. Citizens of EU countries, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland may stay temporarily with in the territory of the Czech Republic without any permit what so ever on the basis of a travel document or ID card. A notification obligation does however apply for this group for stays longer than 3 months. You must notify the pertinent inspectorate of the foreign police service.

Travelling with animals

In order to travel to the Czech Republic with dogs, cats and ferrets, you must have a pet passport, i.e. a uniform document throughout the whole of the EU which is issued by a vet. A condition for issuance of the Passport is marking of the animal – it must be tattooed (legibly);marking with an electronic chip is obligatory from 2011 onwards. This is performed by a vet. The animal must be vaccinated against rabies in accordance with the legislation of the European Union, i.e. the first vaccination must take place from three months of age.
Tato webová stránka používá cookies, aby vám umožnila co nejlepší zážitek z našich stránek.